Friday, November 7, 2008

The Barker!


Guess who was out on the veranda yesterday, and was barking up a storm when some people with a dog passed by on the sidewalk below? Yes, the veranda is on the second floor, and Dragon Hawke, the Papillion, was out there in the nice weather and when people walked by, he barked and barked and had to be scolded. My Lady, when the barking is for nothing and is very annoying, she will pick up her water gun and usually that is all it takes. Dragon Hawke never even gets wet, but just seeing it makes him behave and bow his head in apology. He then looks up at you with those big eyes and long eye lashes and gets your sympathy. He does, however, stop barking. It is one thing if he is protecting the house and some one bangs on the door, but when people are far off and not bothering anyone, he needs to stop the barking immediately when told. My Lady is a very good disciplinarian, you know. I had a bit of disciplining yesterday, too. I did not want to go out for our walk, so I sat at the top of the steps and would not go. My Lady called me several times, but I didn't go. Well, when they came in, I did not get my cookie, and I got NO CARROTS! I hated that. I went out today right away and things were much better. Love from Kheldar, the Yorkie.

No comments: