Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Better Today!



Much better today! In fact, in our photo here, we are all set to go for our walk. Gabriel is always on the right, Dragon Hawke on the left, and I am usually tucked in the middle. Look hard and you can see me with the fancy red leash. Well, My Lady was in good spirits, too, so we set out to walk around our building on the dogwalk itself. Remember, this is a new area for us, but we are finally settling in just fine. It will be a while before we are all straightened out, but that is typical when you move. As we were walking around the far side of the building, we saw a fence along the walkway, and when we came to the opening that leads into a big grassy area, there was a lady with a chow-chow coming across the grass. Then, we noticed that the chow was NOT on a leash. He was a lot bigger than any of us, and often chows may be mean. He came running at us and was growling. The lady ran after him, but he got to us first, and as feisty as I am, I was shocked! Gabriel jumped sideways, and as the chow snapped at us, Dragon Hawke, the Papillion, snapped back at him and, in a flash, nipped the chow next to his nose, and Dragon Hawke came out with a mouthful of fur. The chow was not hurt at all, but it really scared him, and he ran. Imagine, that big dog just high-tailed it out of there. The lady gave profuse apologies and was so sorry to have frightened us. Obviously, she could not control him in any way and without a leash, she could not do anything at all, just be very sorry and frightened that the dog had come after us. That was scarey! Dragon Hawke smiled, and I breathed a sigh of relief. I am pretty brave, but that was not my finest moment. I was terrified and so was Gabriel, expecting a massive dog fight. I must say that My Lady was very upset and the woman was just groveling as she left to try to get hold of her dog. I will bet that chow won't be out without a leash again. We walked back to our place, Dragon Hawke strutting a bit, but rightly so. He saved the day. Glad he belongs to me. Love from Kheldar, the Yorkie.

No comments: