Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Getting Ready for Guests!


Here I am getting ready for guests. I was just putting my old froggie toy away in the toy basket so My Lady can get the carpet cleaned. That is one of the last steps allowing a day or so for laundry and rest before they come. Her son J, his wife V, Ashton and Damien will be here on Friday for the whole weekend, leaving on Monday. We are so excited to have them come. Of course, part of the time I am closed up in the bedroom for a time out because the three-year old loves to chase me, tries to hug me, and just thinks I am a toy. Well, I AM a toy teacup yorkshire terrier, but it is hard for me to be chased and dragged around so My Lady watches over me very well. Ashton is older and doesn't bother me too much, but the little one, who is three, just doesn't understand how fragile I am even though My Lady says I am really as tough and feisty as a bull dog; nevertheless, she takes very good care of me and prevents me from getting too worn out. Dragon Hawke and Gabriel are bigger and can manage better, but being only four pounds, the boys like to pick me up and hold me often, and I get tired, so My Lady says, "Kheldar needs a nap now." Then I get to go lie on her bed and snooze for a while. Very nice! I am excited to see them and they are getting better about letting me just sit on their laps and be still; however, they are still young. I remember that I pestered the other dogs when I was just a pup, too. Got to get the rest of my toys picked up now. Write more tomorrow. Love from Kheldar, the Yorkie.

No comments: